Saturday, July 19, 2014

Needs

Hi all,

Thank you so much for reading my blog and following my adventure here. =) God has blessed me sooooo much this year. I've wanted to work in orphan care for a long time, and I've been blessed in so many ways I couldn't have imagined - caring for the babies, building friendships in the local church, learning to navigate a different culture!

As many of you know, I had originally planned to stay here for five months, and had raised enough support for that time frame. I ended up spending less than I'd expected, and had some money left over. My church and individuals also sent more support, which was such a blessing! Now, I am needing to raise some more funds to complete my stay here - about $1600. I will need to pay rent, buy groceries, etc. I have also incurred some unexpected expenses....changing my plane ticket (which was not cheap...)...processing fees to extend my visa...background checks...fingerprinting...heat...and so on and so forth.

It's been suggested to me that I could also "sell" a few crochet items with the promise that you would receive them when I get home. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing when I come home, but I would be willing to take pre-orders for a few things. You can check out Happy Heads Helping Hearts for ideas of things I would be willing to make. For those of you who don't have Facebook, this page has a few examples of my work.

Anything you would be willing to give would be soooooo appreciated. I've placed a YouCaring widget on the side of my blog to make it simple to donate. My YouCaring page isn't very filled out...I'm pretty busy just trying to update my blog, so you can check for updates on here as opposed to a separate page.

I love you all and thank you for all your support!

~ Auntie Abbie




No comments:

Post a Comment