Monday, July 21, 2014

Himself

I don't recall the tune, but I believe this is an old hymn. I stumbled across it again today and just love the lyrics...

Himself
By A.B. Simpson

Once it was the blessing, now it is the Lord. Once it was the feeling, now it is His Word; Once His gift I wanted, now the Giver own; Once I sought for healing, now Himself alone.

Once 'twas painful trying, now 'tis perfect trust; Once a half salvation, now the uttermost! Once 'twas ceaseless holding, now He holds me fast; Once 'twas constant drifting, now my anchor's cast.

Once 'twas busy planning, now 'tis trustful prayer; Once 'twas anxious caring, now He has the care; Once 'twas what I wanted, now what Jesus says; Once 'twas constant asking, now 'tis ceaseless praise.

Once it was my working, His it hence shall be; Once I tried to use Him, now He uses me; Once the power I wanted, now the Mighty One; Once for self I labored, now for Him alone.

Once I hoped in Jesus, now I know He's mine; Once my lamps were dying, now they brightly shine; Once for death I waited, now His coming hail; And my hopes are anchored, safe within the veil.

All in all forever, Jesus I will sing: Everything in Jesus, and in Jesus everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment