Friday, March 27, 2015

Bitty Bow Pattern

I have a lot of scraps of yarn. I like to think of it affectionately as my collection of strings-too-short-to-be-saved (although I still end up saving them). With an Easter craft show coming up this Saturday, I thought I'd put them to good use and make some hair clips.


Oops, I think I went a little overboard.


This is my standard go-to bow pattern, and I made a lot of those, but I ended up with even shorter scraps of yarn left over that were still too long to throw away. The bows I made from the pattern were fine, but I wanted something smaller.


Here is a very simple pattern for a smaller bow:

Ch - chain
Sc - single crochet
Sl st - slip stitch

Row 1 - Ch 9, sc 8
Rows 2-4 - Ch 1, sc across

Sc around outside edge of bow, working 3 sc in each corner. Sl st to close. Fasten off and weave in ends. Wrap yarn around the center of your rectangle until you are satisfied with the size of your middle. Fasten off. Either leave a long tail for sewing or weave in your end.

You can now attach your bow to a hair clip, or sew it onto a hat or anything that needs a bow.


Bunch of Bitty Bows



Larger bows

I love all these colors. The problem is, I can't replicate these as I'm using scraps from all the random colors I've almost used up.


Still love pink and purple just as much as I did when I was little!



No comments:

Post a Comment