Friday, March 27, 2015

Baby Ballet Slipper Pattern

I got an Etsy order for some ballet slippers last week, so I wrote down the pattern as I went. It's similar to various other patterns around the web, but I've tweaked it a little for size and the type of yarn I use, and added the criss-crossing ribbon in front. I originally designed them for my cousin's baby - she wanted something that tied.


Ch - chain
Sc - single crochet
Dc - double crochet
Hdc - half double crochet
Sc2tog - single crochet 2 together
Hdc2tog - half double crochet 2 together
Dc2tog - double crochet 2 together
St - stitch
Sl st - slip stitch

Hook size: H (5mm)

I used a 4.00 mm (G) hook and 2 strands of thin baby yarn held together. This pattern makes approximately a 3.5" sole - an 0-3 month size. If you are using worsted weight yarn, you might have to use a larger hook to get the same measurements.

Round 1 - Ch 10, sc in 1st st and next 7 sts. 5 sc in last st, 7 st up other side of chain, 2 sc in last st, sl st to close.

Round 2 - Ch 1 , hdc in st and next 7 st, hdc 2 in st (6x), hdc in next 8, sl st to first st

Round 3 - Sc in back loops around, sl st to close

Round 4 - Ch 1, hdc around, sl st to close

Round 5 - Ch1, 9 sc, hdc2tog, dc2tog (3x), hdc2tog, 9 sc, sl st to close.

Round 6 - Sc 7, sc2tog, hdc2tog, hdc, hdc2tog, sc2tog, sc to beginning of round and join with sl st. Break off yarn.

Heel flap - Join yarn 3 sts to the right of where you broke off your yarn. Ch 2, 6 dc across back of slipper, fasten and break off yarn.

Weave in ends.

Weave ribbon through the edge of slipper. It takes quite a long piece of ribbon (I didn't measure).



I just used it straight off the spool and didn't cut it until I was finished. Start weaving it in and out around the center front hdc, then work towards the heel. Ribbon will overlap across heel flap.



And there you have them - accessories for your little ballerina's feet! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment