Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Metal Tray Upgrade

So, here's another DIY/project idea without a lot of pictures - sorry, folks! I thought you might like to see it, and it wasn't too complicated, at any rate.

As with everything else, I found this tray at the thrift store. It's rather Norman Rockwell/Currier-and-Ives-ish - not a bad thing, but pretty banged up, and although vintage stuff can be cool, I wanted something fresh and modern-looking this time.



1. I'm pretty sure I spray painted white first on this one.
2. Then I created a chevron pattern with masking tape. This took forever. I had to be careful to make 90 degree angles so it would look nice.
3. I spray painted the whole thing teal and removed the tape. It was kind of messy and I didn't think to touch it up...but I actually ended up liking the effect when I got used to it. It's...artistic, right? ;)

Of course trays are always better when you add muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment