Thursday, October 25, 2018

October Update

Hey everyone! While I'm missing the fall colors that are happening back in Ohio, I'm enjoying the purple jacaranda trees here in Pretoria. They are everywhere and the whole city is purple!

 

The kids are enjoying the nice weather and play outside for hours every day.


The 2Ts love to "help" hang the laundry - especially Little T. We were walking out to the clothes line the other day when she cried "Oh! Beautiful!" Before I could ask what was beautiful, she exclaimed, "Beautiful laundry!" Hopefully she still feels that way about it when she grows up! Ha ha! She is a determined helper and has to turn the basket sideways and crawl inside for each and every last piece of laundry at the bottom...or until I tell her to go play! 


They love "playin' soil" and they REALLY love it when I let them have water to make mud.


They like to "wash" the bikes...with mud...


Petting the neighbor's cat. Big T, always an encourager, told her "I like your tail!"


Everyone swept the patio while I changed out the winter clothes.


Littlebug is kind of obsessed with the guy who helps with the garden.


Practicing balance. I taught them to walk on the low wall (18-24") surrounding the patio and now they want to do it over and over...


This sweet thing turned two in September.


She and I accidentally matched at church the other week.


Big T and Littlebug share a birthday. They turned three and two in October. Little T was very jealous. It probably felt like everyone in the whole world was having a happy birthday except for her!


Puppy hugs!


Big T got a puppy as well.


Enjoying cake


L is growing and exploring. He likes to get himself stuck in the baby walker. He's learning to say more words and to do lots of things, like clean up toys and take off his boots and put them away neatly.


He LOVES to give "hugGIES!" and kisses, especially to his "sister" and roommate, Special K.


Special K got her first teeth!


She is very, very mobile and doesn't stay in the same spot for two seconds at a time! She loves to terrorize the other babies and knock down their bottles. She usually ends up in baby jail (the jumper) when I have to do something like clean or eat.


She is generally happy and smiling! She's a live wire.


Swinging


I put a blanket down but she won't stay on it!


Chubby Cupcake is growing as well. She likes hugs!


She's not quite as ready to smile as K, but it's in there...


Baby Bear is a happy guy too. 


Someone left the bowl on his tray for a few seconds and he decided to try feeding himself. 


My housemate (and the MBH manager), Britt, moved out in the beginning of October. I miss staying with her but at least I still get to see her regularly! 


The house was soooo empty when she moved and took all her things. I am filling it up very slowly (with lots of thrift store trips)! 


I took EVERYTHING out of the pantry, scrubbed it, and sprayed for the ants that will inevitably come.


I love having a pantry! (And a house!) 


My cozy little room with all its thrift store/handmade decor


Plants!


Vimbai, my coworker from Zimbabwe, moved in with me. Unfortunately we don't have a housemate picture yet! She shares a room with Luise, our new intern from Germany, who will be living with us for the next ten months. I already don't want her to leave! She is sweet and has a great sense of humor.


Vim and I introduced some color into our empty kitchen. I love it and am on the hunt for even more rainbow things.


Rainbow dishtowel and bowls!


It's getting late here, but I thought I'd leave you with a hug! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment