Thursday, March 29, 2018

March

Well, it's been a couple of months since I gave a thorough update on my life, so I'll do my best!

In February, I enjoyed attending yet another wedding of a dear friend. It was a lot of fun and looked kind of like Pinterest in real life, complete with hay bales and a picnic reception by a pond. She looks awfully happy but we miss having her around at Living Hope!


A friend and I at the wedding


Also, in other news, the vegetables are surprised.


The babies are doing well! L is getting so big. He's 17 months old now and a very active little guy. He likes to play with other babies and toddlers who live here (well, the 8 month old irritates him because she steals his toys!) He enjoys swinging, watching shows, and EATING to fuel his endless energy! He spends most of the day running back and forth like a bouncy ball...sometimes with his eyes closed, which he thinks is really fun! He's saying a few words - "thank you," "showtime," "hallelujah" etc but he sings more than he talks (and we can usually tell the song he is singing!) This month he got to go on a field trip and see cows!


Baby "R" is getting so big and is super advanced for her age! She's not quite 8 months but she's pulling to a stand and crawling. She will chase L all the way across the room if she wants his toy, and makes a beeline for any open doors! She definitely thinks she's one of the big kids. She has two teeth and is eating solids, although she HATES green beans!


Some babies went home this month (yay!) and now we have a whole bunch of newborns!

Sweet baby T is about six weeks old. She likes to be carried in a baby wrap. She cries a lot, which is pretty normal for her age, although we are trying to see if maybe a different formula will help! She's growing fast and getting a bit chubby!


Baby K is actually a bit older than T, but she came to us after T did. She likes sleeping a bit more than her "sister" but also enjoys being held!


Baby B is our newest (and tiniest!) addition! He's about two weeks old and is so snuggly. We are happy to have a baby boy in our house of girls!


There has been a LOT of babywearing. I've gotten quite proficient at putting two newborns in a wrap - although here I just have one. Somehow they always want to be awake while the toddler is sleeping! Gotta do what you gotta do to get the house clean!


Tadi (our house parents' baby) is getting bigger (and more stubborn - haha) and talking a lot! She loves her babies and like a good mom, doesn't discriminate between her children, even if one looks a lot like Anakin Skywalker, or, as Gogo Linda likes to call it "the policeman"...


Our rough-and-tough-looking crew out for a ride!


Big T is growing! He's always saying something funny...

T: (singing) I love me, you love me, we're a happy fal-a-meeeee.....

Me: (puts on makeup) 
T: Good job, Abbie, good job! You so cute!

Me: Hey, guys!
T: Hey, Guy Abbie!

I am coming home to renew my visa at the end of April/beginning of May, so I hope to see some of you then! I will be home about two months. I'm excited to visit the States but also sad to leave my home here behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment